Someone at work today asked someone else for an Agility index / KPI. The one gave the other a link.
I followed the link. I was underwhelmed.
- It measured practices, not outcomes.
- It ignored engineering (the most important practices of all),
- and learning (the second most important category).
- It heavily stressed planning (only slightly less important than head cheese to a well-run software organization),
- and management structure (mostly important in that it can really screw up an otherwiseÂ good team).
I figured that I could come up with a metricÂ that’s at least as wrong Continue reading “An Agility Index (of Goodness)”