J.B. is also a master at getting to the essence of a thing. He can say a lot with very little.
I asked J.B. the same question that I asked everyone else:
What are the characteristics of a good test suite?
- Repeatable, consistent results (same tests pass/fail from run to run when nothing changes)
- Easy to find the set of tests that execute a particular function/method
- High proportion of problems result in only one test failure
- Test failure points accurately in the direction of the underlying mistake
- Each test easy to understand on its own, or in the context of a very small group (up to 5?)
That’s what jumps to mind so far.
Love (or hate) that answer? Want to see other answers?